Book your VIP transport from La Ceiba dock to San Pedro Sula airport. We can also pick you up at the San Pedro Sula airport so you can catch the ferry to Utila or Roatan.
Need to make purchases at San Pedro Sula, we can take you shopping. Secure and safe trip. We pick you up at the dock and take your to all the stores and return in time to catch the ferry back.
Call or email for more info!
Important Nicaragua Immigration Update
If you are a Traveler from or visitor from one the following countries:
- French Guyana
- Continental Africa
You will need a international certificate of vaccination for yellow fever if you wish to enter Nicaragua. You must receive the vaccination 10 days prior of entry for it to be valid. Click for more info
The easiest bus from La Ceiba, Honduras to Leon?
You just found it!
We depart three time a week and a low cost of $35.00. Our bus has cold A/C DVD movies and WiFi when available. Our driver stops whenever you request a break and helps you with the immigration procedures leaving Honduras and entering Nicaragua.
Why pay more? With your saving you can stay a few extra days in Leon or have a nice dinner.
Book your trip with us and enjoy your savings in Leon
Another trip from La Ceiba to Leon. We leave every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays to Leon. Book your trip online or pay at our sales points in Utila.
Please remember that the taxi from the ferry to the Hostel to catch the bus is not included. We are working on able to get to pick you up directly at the dock.
Also note that there is no cost to leave Honduras but you will pay 12 USD to enter Nicaragua. you passport is not stamped, you will receive a Tourist Card. Please do not lose it or you will be fined.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us
So your thinking about getting to La Ceiba or Utila from Leon. There are a few options for you, some more expensive than others and others from fast to slow. I’ll go over a few options for you to help you on your decision.
- Book your shuttle here, no hassle. We pick you up, help you pass immigration and drop you off at the ferry dock.
- Ticabus to Tegucigalpa and then Cristina to la Ceiba. You will have to overnight in Tegucigalpa or San Pedro Sula.
- Chicken bus. Leon to Guasable, Guasable to Choluteca, Choluteca to Tegucigalpa, Tegucigalpa to La Ceiba. This takes the longest but you don’t really save any money.
- Fly from Managua to Tegucigalpa then a connecting flight to La Ceiba
Those are your options for getting from Leon to La Ceiba with connection to Utila. When you research the time and cost you will find that our shuttle service is the most economical way to travel.
We hope to see you soon in La Ceiba!
Just a friendly reminder of the Nicaraguan immigration fees for entering and exiting Nicaragua.
- 10 USD for Tourist Card
- 2 USD Immigration fee
- If you are a citizen from Colombia or Peru you will require a 50 USD Visa fee and a 10 USD surcharge
- If you are a citizen of Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica there is a delay for processing and also a 5 USD surcharge to your shuttle price
- If you have a visa stamp from the following countries there will be a delay and a 10 USD surcharge: China, Iran,
Thank you for your understanding
For more information you can click on the link below.
Here at Guacamayos Tour Services we strive to provide our passengers and guests the best value for there money. Very soon we will be providing 7 day shuttle bus from La Ceiba to Leon and vice versa with a more comfortable bus.
We also have dive school with our sister company Parrot Dive Center. The best dive center in Utila.
Want to stay in La Ceiba, we have our sister Hotel Guacamayos Backpacker and Hostel Guacamayos. Every place for your budget. while in Ceiba enjoy rafting down the Cangrejal River, hiking up to Bejuco Falls or a day trip to Cayos Cochinos.
This New Year has a lot of surprises for our customers, stay tuned for many good things to come